Website Tennessee Tech University
The Tennessee Tech University Golden Eagle Marching Band has an immediate opening for an experienced colorguard director. We are seeking a world-class, talented individual who is an inspiring performer and teacher to help re-establish a colorguard as part of the marching band beginning in fall 2023.
Expected Qualifications & Skills:
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and love for collegiate marching band and the marching arts.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills and work ethic.
• Will contribute positively to a collaborative staff environment.
• Can demonstrate competencies with flag and body movement skills.
• Has experience with choreographing routines (i.e., warm-up skills, work for pre-game and halftime).
• Capable of planning rehearsal time effectively so guard members remain engaged and complete their assigned tasks for rehearsals.
• Provides quality assessment of guard members and is capable of correcting errors in technique.
• Able to effectively communicate (written and verbal), and maintain standards of confidentiality with other staff members and students.
• Reports directly to the Director of Bands who will assign administrative and planning duties.
• Will participate in recruiting activities.
• Will execute auditions.
• Availability to attend a minimum of two rehearsals a week, all home football games, and any additional travel which may be expected of the Golden Eagle Marching Band.
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
• A letter of application which addresses your interest and qualifications.
• A resume, including at least three reference who will be contacted (phone number and email).
• A video link to a performance that shows work you have taught.
• A video link showing you teaching a colorguard (not required, but is preferred).
Application materials are to be submitted to Dr. Jeffrey Miller, Director of Bands, via email
(email@example.com) by April 3, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org