Listed below are the requirements that must be met in order to compete as an independent group at WGI events. The WGI office must receive your Insurance Certificate by the Entry Deadline Date of the group’s first performance (5 weeks prior to the event). Groups failing to do so WILL NOT be permitted to compete.
(Note: WGI will accept university insurance to fulfill the insurance requirement if the group name is on the certificate.)
• $1,000,000 General Liability
• Accident Medical ($2,500 minimum) (Note:“Med Exp” listed under the general liability category is not the same as the Accident Medical requirement.)
• All WGI group names to be covered must indicated on the certificate.
• Expiration date must cover your last WGI performance for the current season.
• Certificate Holder should read : Winterguard Int or WGI Sport of the Arts; 2405 Cross Pointe Drive, Dayton, OH 45342
• All information should be on one page Multi page policies will not be accepted.
Insurance certificates can now be uploaded on the Directors Dashboard by selecting Documents Upload.
WGI has arranged a favorable group rate through Francis L. Dean & Associates of Colorado, LLC for a $400 minimum premium for the General Liability & Accident Medical package. CLICK HERE TO BUY INSURANCE ONLINE All policies are annual (12 month) policies and cannot be negotiated for less than the minimum premium amount. If you have any questions, please contact Tom Wojciechowski, Francis L. Dean & Associates of Colorado, LLC at (800) 745-2409 ext. 210 or Twojciechowski@fdean.com .
The General Liability policy protects your group, instructors, directors and officers against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, and the litigation costs to defend against such claims. This coverage should also allow a group to rent rehearsal facilities, as most require proof of coverage.
The Accident Medical Payments covers all participants, volunteer workers and staff members while participating in sponsored and supervised activities and while traveling, directly and without interruption, to and from sponsored and supervised activities and their homes or places of residence.